I'm a thirty - ish young mother from the French west indies. Crafter, origamika, crocheter at heart.


  

I'm a yarnlete!

  

  

my crocheted items

inspiring crocheted clothes

  

  

  

Crochet Blogs
<< >>


<< : Join : List : >>



I'm a crochet cheerleader! I crochet with Dee! Join | List |Powered by RingSurf

  

my favourite games

Words of wisdom


  

  

home-made variegated yarn

I've just found a way to change the colour of synthetic yarn :crocheting it with sewing thread thus creating my own variegated yarn. In order for the second clour to show properly, the colour must be dark or the thread thick enough. I "invented" that while crocheting a snow-white acrylic yarn... What was I thinking when I bought it? After one whole week spent crocheting it, I couldn't stand the colour anymore! So, as I couldn't dye it, I thought I could give a try to the painted doilies method... It worked! Possibilities are endless! But you must watch out for this thread, it gets tangled easily. I feel like I'm gonna have a lot of fun !

- update -

So I've been crocheting the pink sewing thread together with the white acrylic for a few days now... and it's oh! so boring! I just keep trying to prevent the two from tangling and it's no fun at all. sewing thread is not the best option i think :(

  

2 Comments:

~Blogger Shell~ said :

Do you have a winder? I wonder if they could be wound together before crocheting? hmm I might have to try this lol

7:41 PM  
~Blogger Pyo~ said :

Hello Michele,
I don't have a winder, I didn't think of winding before crocheting, in fact I like the fact that the two yarns are separated, because this way I can go back to a solid color whenever i feel like it :)

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Want to link to me?
Copy thoses buttons onto your server
and just do it!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click below

 

 

 

un blog Blogger

 

This page under Creative Commons licence