I'm a thirty - ish young mother from the French west indies. Crafter, origamika, crocheter at heart.


  

I'm a yarnlete!

  

  

my crocheted items

inspiring crocheted clothes

  

  

  

Crochet Blogs
<< >>


<< : Join : List : >>



I'm a crochet cheerleader! I crochet with Dee! Join | List |Powered by RingSurf

  

my favourite games

Words of wisdom


  

  

the three witches


I was asked for the pattern of these tops the halliwell sisters are wearing in a picture i once featured on my french web log.


I don't have the pattern.

but... I think it shouldn't be difficult to reconstruct...

Here's how i would do that...


The pink crochet top


It's a filet top with a kind of butterfly stringy pattern laying on the belly and the back. The breasts are covered with 2 pink variagated strips of fabric that overlap in the middle.

for the breasts,


I would suggest single crochet... It would go this way:



-1-


-2-


-3-


-4-


-5-



For the body,

I would make back and front separately, although I think it's possible overwise, bu ti couldn't think of a way to do so. I would start from the bottom with a filet pattern interrupted in the middle by a cluster of double crochet, then, I would crochet forth and back the filet pattern, and with each row I would diminish in the middle, around the column of clusters that builds up, replacing the vanishing squares of the filet with a number M of chain stitches (M being the number of stitches that would be enough to replace the removed squares, + 1):

-1-



-2-



-3-



Then you'll just have to sew the front to the top-front.


for the back,

I would do the same as for the front, diminishing then increasing to create the diamond in the middle...

Now, just sew back and front, attach starps. Et voilà!

At least this is my take on it...


The knitted blue top


I do think it's knitted.


But the same efect can be created using back post double crochet,
with the hook inserted in the head of the double crochet from the previous row (instead of inserting it around the body, the outcome will be less bulky), crocheted from side to side (not from bottom to top) as I did for my daughter's green vest "à la russe".

It would go this way:















first rows :
-1-
first increases :
-2-
begining of the front :
-3-
finished body :
-4-
et voilà, vertical stripes, like the knitted top:
-5-



of course, you'll have to adjust the number of rows according to the figure of the recipient of the top, the size of the crochet hook and the thickness of the yarn you use. So make sure you made a gauge and/or try the top several times while making it.


Now you just have to sew up the back, I think I'd rather have a corset back with a ribbon : fits easier.


Pink sparkling top

This one is not crocheted, however it should be very easy to duplicate : it's just a bra on top of a tube. No witchcraft!

I think the simplest way to make a bra is to crochet 3 squares and attach them together this way:

X represents the place where the sewing creates the actual curvy shape of the bra cup.

Have fun everyone!

  

2 Comments:

~Blogger pfirsch~ said :

For the knitted top, why not use the saranac stitch instead? You'd have a thinner garment with the same effect. I suggest working into the back loop of the slip stitch though (it gives it more of a knitted look).

I can't wait to see if your experiments are fruitful!

3:44 AM  
~Blogger Pyo~ said :

Thank you!
This stitch is very close to the effect I look for.
I'll make sure to try it!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Want to link to me?
Copy thoses buttons onto your server
and just do it!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click below

 

 

 

un blog Blogger

 

This page under Creative Commons licence