I'm a thirty - ish young mother from the French west indies. Crafter, origamika, crocheter at heart.


  

I'm a yarnlete!

  

  

my crocheted items

inspiring crocheted clothes

  

  

  

Crochet Blogs
<< >>


<< : Join : List : >>



I'm a crochet cheerleader! I crochet with Dee! Join | List |Powered by RingSurf

  

my favourite games

Words of wisdom


  

  

Grannies, Grannies everywhere!

At the moment I'm crocheting on and off a granny square sweater for my daughter : it's an inexpensive and easy project, something you can do with leftovers when waiting for the bus or at the dentist's : crochet squares (actually they're granny flowers... did I say I love flowers?) and then join them together when you've got enough of them.
With the size of the squares I've got, I computed I needed 70 to complete a sweater, by now I already have 30 crocheted.
It had me thinking I really had a lot of leftovers, so I started to research what I could do with granny squares... and, guess what? The crochet world is really a small world because this exact same question popped up in Crochetville not long ago.

So I checked the Things to do with granny squares thread in Crochetville and I retained a few ideas :

  • make an unusual top,
  • make a cardigan, here you'll find the pattern in a pdf file, it's vintage but this one is just too elegant to be true!
  • make a hooded baby jacket,
  • make an afghan that folds into a pillow, or pillowghan,
  • make slippers, or ... slippers,
  • make a hat'n scarf or hat'n poncho set,
  • make another sweater for me or my girl, or another one, or another one...

Possibility are endless.
Too much fun!

We're not the only ones wanting to revamp granny squares, there are a few very interesting models featured at Neiman Marcus online shop, some of them using a joined-grannies technique, with a very elegant outcome, like the WOMYN cream coat and the Micco crocheted scarf.

  

2 Comments:

~Blogger Ophelia.K~ said :

Hello, Pyo! I decided that I will make this poncho! Its cute. I like the color too. What did you make by your granny sqares finally?
Oh yeah, I linked your blog from mine.

2:37 PM  
~Blogger Pyo~ said :

Hello Bridzy,
Thank you very much for the link. Arigato gozaimashita.
I'm still on my daughter's sweater, I've got 30 flowers ready, still 40 to go... perhaps more! Makes me lazzy just to think about it :p

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Want to link to me?
Copy thoses buttons onto your server
and just do it!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click below

 

 

 

un blog Blogger

 

This page under Creative Commons licence