I'm a thirty - ish young mother from the French west indies. Crafter, origamika, crocheter at heart.


  

I'm a yarnlete!

  

  

my crocheted items

inspiring crocheted clothes

  

  

  

Crochet Blogs
<< >>


<< : Join : List : >>



I'm a crochet cheerleader! I crochet with Dee! Join | List |Powered by RingSurf

  

my favourite games

Words of wisdom


  

  

White granny tank top

This is something I did a few years ago, while I was looking for the perfect crocheted summer top.

It's a pattern from Phildar Spécial Crochet printemps-été 1999 “aux couleurs de l’été",
which is a very good pattern catalogue, loaded with elegant and colourful little things, mainly tops and shirts.


Yarn : I think it's a bland of cotton and acrylic, it's softly shiny; 6 skeins says the pattern, I don't remember how much of it I used either. I would say 250g.

Crochet hook crochet n°3, back in those days I would use those with a plastic handle, I broke most of them because I used to crochet too tight.

Design : simple but effective.
48 squares and 4 half squares. Each square is 6cm wide, they are joined while crocheting (not afterwards). The back has 4 squares less than the front, the half squares go under the arms, straps and border are made of single crochet.




I sometimes wear it as a vest over a pale shirt, here I wear a tiny bra under it, so tiny it's not even my size, but it's the only one I have with straps thin enough not to get noticed (I swear you, all the fuss about being big breasted, it's all overrated... really.).

  

7 Comments:

~Blogger Karen~ said :

I absolutely love that top! Great job!

3:38 PM  
~Blogger Pyo~ said :

Thanks, and thank you for stopping by :)

9:08 PM  
~Blogger Pam~ said :

I commented on Cville, but I just had to let you know again that this summer top is awesome!!! -Pam

6:22 AM  
~Blogger Pyo~ said :

Why, thank you :o)

5:58 PM  
~Blogger Pyo~ said :

Thank you Iida :o)

3:17 PM  
~Blogger LadyLinoleum~ said :

Awesome top! You did a beautiful job!

11:18 PM  
~Blogger Pyo~ said :

Oh! Merci beaucoup Lady :o)

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Want to link to me?
Copy thoses buttons onto your server
and just do it!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click below

 

 

 

un blog Blogger

 

This page under Creative Commons licence