I'm a thirty - ish young mother from the French west indies. Crafter, origamika, crocheter at heart.


  

I'm a yarnlete!

  

  

my crocheted items

inspiring crocheted clothes

  

  

  

Crochet Blogs
<< >>


<< : Join : List : >>



I'm a crochet cheerleader! I crochet with Dee! Join | List |Powered by RingSurf

  

my favourite games

Words of wisdom


  

  

Did someone say doily?


I've been playing with this idea for quite a long time...

Make a nice intricate lacy shawl from the pattern of a doily...

I already have gathered a selection of patterns from old magazines... and My oh My, what do I spy, with my puzzled eye? Crochet is indeed a small world, because somebody else thought of the same idea.


So this is what Doris Chan, whose creations were featured in Interweave crochet 2004 and 2006, seems to be experimenting in her book Amazing Crochet Lace. It is to be issued November 2006. I can't wait to see that...


Don't you find the result ravishing? This is an idea that will rejoice many crocheters, I'm thinking of those who have a particular affection for doilies and home decor, imagine, let's say you just triple all the figures in the pattern of your favourite doily and ET VOILA! It's magic, you now have a shawl, a poncho, a capelet, a skirt or whatever you fancy ...

Ok, I don't really know this book is just about playing with figures and turning doilies in something else, but, hey, it's worth trying. In France, crochet magazines deal mainly with doilies, so that's plenty of material to play with!

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Want to link to me?
Copy thoses buttons onto your server
and just do it!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click below

 

 

 

un blog Blogger

 

This page under Creative Commons licence